AEW Dynamite Results (09/09/2020)
Updated: Oct 1, 2020
Chris Jericho and MJF bump into each other before the show, exchanging pleasantries. Jericho says MJF got robbed at All Out, but says MJF will be the champ very soon. MJF says that means the world to him, MJF believes Jericho will one day regain the title, as well. As they each walk away they both say, "What a loser."
- Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone, and Excalibur holding down commentary duties.
The Lucha Bros (with Eddie Kingston, The Blade, and The Butcher) vs. Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus with Marko Stunt)
Penta getting the best of JB early on, but JB able to get the tag and bring in the big man. They drop Penta, early pin attempt, cover, two. JB tries to launch himself off Luchasaurus, but slips barely connects. Penta with a slap to Luchasaurus, both trading chops in the middle of the ring. JB tags in, flurry of strikes on both opponents, looks for a springboard out to the floor, but Penta shoves him right into a superkick by Fenix. Fenix rolls him back in, cover, two-count.
Luchsasaurus plants Fenix hard to the mat. Luchasaurus with a knee to Penta, but eats a kick from Fenix, he hopes to the top rope, gets caught and takes a massive chokeslam! Cover, Penta kicks Luchasaurus to break things up. Fenix with a gore driver / leg drop combo on both opponents. Penta back in the match, sling blade, then backstabber to JB. Double stomp / package piledriver on JB, Fenix then goes over the top to clear out Luchasaurus, cover, 1-2-no! Eddie thought it was three! They go for it again, JB throws Fenix into Penta's way and he takes a canadian destroyer (?!), cover, 1-2-3.
Winners: Jurassic Express via Pinfall
- Post-match, Fenix shoves Penta and isn't happy about that ending. Blade and Butcher hold them back as Kingston gets on the mic. He tells them to stop it! Kingston says they should be running this place (and should have won the Casino Battle Royale) instead of fighting. Kingston says he's the one helping these guys out not others (like PAC or Blade's wife, Allie). Penta shoves Fenix away when Fenix offers his hand. Kingston finally convinces the two to shake hands. Kingston then says he never was eliminated from the Casino Battle Royale, which was won by Lance Archer.
- Jake Roberts and Lance Archer, Roberts tells Jon Moxley they are here to trash people, they like it. He says Moxley is going to piss himself when they get a hold of him. Archer says Moxley has nothing but despair to look forward to when he meets Archer in the ring. He continues that in the end, he's going to be the champion, and everyone dies.
- Matt Hardy heads out to the ring and thanks the fans live in the crowd for being there (thanks the fans at home, too). Hardy says he suffered a "scary fall" at All Out, and the outpouring of love has been humbling. Hardy says after a bunch of test, he'll make a one-hundred percent recovery. Matt says he's lucky, he's got a his wife here. Reby is in the crowd. He says hi to his other boys at home, and apologizes for putting them through that over the weekend. Hardy then apologizes for the match, says it wasn't what he wanted it to be, but maybe it's a good thing his feud with Sammy Guevara is over. Hardy says it's time for him to get back to getting healthy. Hardy says when he's cleared, he wants to get back into wrestling matches, winning matches, and go after his first AEW Title. He thanks the fans again and gives his wife a wave. Hardy makes his way to the stage and heads to the back.
Orange Cassidy vs. Angelico (with Jack Evans)
Angelico getting the best of Cassidy in the opening moments of the match. Angelico charges in the corner, Cassidy moves out of the way, Angelico out to the floor, Cassidy hits a suicide dive. Angelico tossed back in the ring, crossbody off the top rope by Cassidy, swinging DDT, kip up, orange punch, cover, and we're done here.
Winner: Orange Cassidy via Pinfall
- Post-match, from behind Santana and Ortiz attack Cassidy with their usual weapons. Best Friends run out to the run for the save. Taylor gets on the mic and says this has go to end. So, how about next week they meet in the parking lot. Trent says they can shove that apology they gave up their asses. Next week, they are coming to hurt Santana and Ortiz, and to make his momma proud. "Sue!" chant breaks out. Best Friends go in for the hug with Cassidy in the middle.
- Backstage, Alex Marvez tries to get a word with The Young Bucks after the break-up The Elite at All Out. Marvez looks at the camera and says he's not getting any response. Matt and Nick open the door and double superkick him, Matt angrily shuts the door.
- Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford head out to the ring to speak with Tony Schiavone. The two announced they are getting married and Sabian plans to announce his best man for the wedding. Sabian then ends up just kicking Tony out of the ring and takes the mic for himself. Sabian says everybody has been reaching out to him about who's the best man, and it's some big man named Puff. Sabian says he appreciates the guy for subscribing to his Twitch channel, but "You're the best, man." Brian Pillman Jr. eventually comes out and think it's him, but it's not. Sabian says they aren't even friends and kicks him to the back.
Miro ends up being the best match, Miro says ten years being in the same house, he kept reaching for the brass ring, but you can shove it up your ass. Crowd chants "Miro day!" Miro says he likes the sound of it. Miro says he's not just the best man, but he's the best game on Twitch, and if people tune in on Dynamite they will see him devour people. "I am Miro, and I am All Elite." Crowd was popping pretty big for Miro throughout the segment.
- Tony Schiavone does a sit-down interview with Hangman Page. Tony asks Page how he's doing, Page says he's feeling good, minus his ribs being banged up a little. Tony doesn't want the stock answer, he really wants to know how Page is doing. Page says at the show, they had fans there, but for 30 minutes he didn't hear a sound, like everyone was holding their breath. He felt like everybody was just waiting for him and Omega to fall apart. Page says FTR shouldn't have even been the number one contenders, but it was his fault (since he costed Young Bucks the match). It's his fault he lost two friends. Tony brings up Omega walking away after the match and leaving the building. Page says they've won a bunch of match before, now it's just a matter of climbing back up the mountain. Just like before, they will get through it again.
Chris Jericho and Jake Hager vs. Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela (No DQ and No Count-Out Match)
Janela gets some early attacks on Jericho, brings in Kiss, double guillotine on the top rope, double bulldog, and then double dropkicks. Kiss then pops Hager off the apron. Jericho continued to get worked over, Janela back in there, gets tossed out to the floor and into the barricade. Janela grabs a chair and jams it into Jericho's midsection, then cracks him over the back. Janela sets up the chair, leaps off it, caught in midair and takes a back suples. Jericho then slaps him with the chair.
Hager and Kiss battle in the ring, Kiss with a split to avoid an attack, lands a big kick to Hager, cover, Jericho breaks it up. Jericho tries to hit Kiss with a garbage can, gets sent out of the ring. Hager with a shot from behind, puts the can on Kiss, looks for a Hager Bomb, but Kiss puts the can up towards his face to block the move. Janela eventually sent off the ramp and down through a table that was setup at ringside. Kiss with a big crossbody off the top rope, clotheslines Hager back into the ring. Kiss with a flurry of strikes on both opponents. Rolling forearm to Hager. Kiss heads to the top rope, Jericho sprays him with a fire extinguisher. Hager lifts and plants Kiss to the mat, then locks in the head-and-arm submission as the referee counts to three.
Winners: Chris Jericho and Jake Hager via Pinfall
- Post-match, Jericho says Inner Circle had a terrible night at All Out, but that's all in the past. Jericho says him and Hager are going to build up their wins to impress the AEW higher-ups and they are coming for the tag titles.
- MJF with his campaign crews, says "Dictator" Jon cheated to get his win at the PPV. MJF says this campaign is to blame, it was suppose to create change, and they all blew it! He fires everybody and tells them to get out. Nina smiling ear to ear. MJF says oh, now she's smiling without him saying something. He's tired off looking at her face and yells at her. She leaves crying. Another guy gives him his ring and leaves. Wardlow says, "Sir." MJF starts yelling at Wardlow about what he did at All Out. Wardlow looks mad, MJF says he should be reminded that MJF is the one who pays his checks, not Tony Khan. MJF says he's his only friend, and if he has to he'll put him and his family out on the street. So, he asks Wardlow if he has a problem, Wardlow says "No." MJF says "Great!" and sounds like he has a new plan to work on.
- Backstage, AEW World Champion Jon Moxley says if he didn't already have enough on his plate, now Lance Archer is the number one contender. Moxley says it's not getting any easier, but it never does. He continues the only way to be AEW champions is to climb through a mile of crap and then climb a mountain on the other side. Moxley feels like he's unstoppable, and when the time comes when their paths cross, does anybody really want to bet against Moxley?
- AEW World Tag Team Champions FTR and Tully Blanchard in the ring for their celebration. A bunch of other tag teams are around the ring and on the stage. Tully says FTR are the greatest tag team champions in the world. Tully says it was 117 degrees in the ring when they went 30 minutes to win the titles. Wheeler takes the mic and says the tag division in AEW is the deepest in the world. Wheeler says it was an honor to wrestle SCU, and can't believe what it would have been like if they were still in their prime like they were 20 years ago. Harwood says they are top guys in AEW.
He turns to Billy, calls him a legend and multi-time champion, but don't think being in some "second rate Hall of Fame" that he and his "snot nose kid" will jump to the from of the line. He rips on Jurassic Express, who eventually head into the ring. FTR says to hold on, this is a celebration and instead of a fight, let's have a toast — to FTR...and a dumbass dinosaur! They try to get the jump on the guys, but don't have much luck. The champs bounce from the ring and realize nobody is happy with them. The group then get an ice bath courtesy of Jurassic Express. It's then announced FTR vs. Jurassic Express in a non-title match.
- Taz joins commentary to recap Ricky Starks and Brian Cage beating up Darby Allin during the Casino Battle Royale. Allin's music plays, and out comes Ricky Starks dressed as Allin. Starks says he finally got hurt, and now he can't skateboard with his friends. Starks says there's a reason why nobody wants to tag with Allin, and why he's sitting at home (hurt and alone), it's because he's reckless. He continues that the next time Allin shows his face in AEW, Starks is going to beat his ass.
Tay Conti vs. Nyla Rose (with Vickie Guerrero)
Conti showing a little emotion as she comes out to the ring. It was announced today she's officially signed with AEW. Conti lands a few kicks on Rose, shoves her into the corner, rolls her up for a two-count. Conti then brings Rose down into a knee bar, but Rose uses her size to get up and stomp her way out of it. Rose with a big splash in the corner, then tosses Conti out to the floor.
Guerrero with an eye rake (maybe? looked weird) and quickly backed away. Rose out to the floor, throws Conti into the barricade, but ends up getting shoved into the barricade herself, then the apron. Conti with a knee and rolls Rose back into the ring. Conti up to the second rope, leaps and hits a crossbody for a two-count. Rose recovers for a moment, but Conti locks in an armbar. Rose lifts Conti for a beast bomb and picks up the victory.
Winner: Nyla Rose via Pinfall
- Post-match, Vickie Guerrero gets on the mic, "excuse me!" Guerrero says they are here to make a statement and aren't going anywhere. Rose looks to beat up Conti some more, but Shida runs out with a kendo stick to hold off Rose (who is also the number one contender). Rose and Vickie make their way to the back.
- Cody to make an announcement in a bit.
- Back to the clip of Marvez getting double superkicked by The Young Bucks. Commentary wondering what's going on with Matt and Nick, and again note they have each been fined $5,000.
- Earlier today, Jim Ross sits down with Kenny Omega, and asks him about what happened over the weekend. Omega says when you've done this for 20 years, you win belts and you lose belts. Omega says him and Page did have chemistry in the ring, and that's why he couldn't say no to working with him. The former chant says there were expectations of him being the ace of the company, and the first singles champions. That didn't happened, and he lost his way until he found Hangman Page. Ross asks what's next for Omega? Omega says the tag division is really tough, but if Page wants to go for the rematch, he should re-think those plans. Omega says he gave a year of his life to the tag division, and wants to move to singles competition.
- Next week: AEW Dynamite will be on Thursday, unless the NBA Playoffs series ends early, then it will be on Wednesday: