Trey Miguel posted the following statement on Twitter on Monday morning, giving fans an update on where he’s been since leaving IMPACT Wrestling—and a likely explanation for why he didn’t sign with WWE.
I feel like it is worth mentioning AGAIN that a month and a half ago my Nephew was born prematurely and is in isolated care until what would have been his actual due date. Meeting a healthy baby boy is more important to me than anything else. I’m sure you all can respect that.
It would appear that Miguel’s comments are in response to Triple H speaking about his status during Sunday’s NXT TakeOver post-show media call. Triple H said he couldn’t speak to why Miguel wasn’t part of the new WWE PC recruit class, but went on to speak about the passion of those that were in the WWE system.
“Well look, I do not want to talk about why people are or are not here, there’s obviously a lot that goes into all of that, but for me, the people that do come here, it’s seeing the heart and the passion. That’s really what it comes down to—it’s a passion business, you have to be all in. You have to be invested in this, every bit of you, and sometimes I’ve seen a few people that have been at it a long time and it shows. They’ve been at it a long time and I don’t know, sometimes that passion isn’t there. I’ve seen people that are new to it, like ‘oh, they like this’ but it’s not everything to them.”
“I see people coming in the door now where I go, ‘Oh man, their passion… they live, breathe, eat this.’ When they’re at the PC, every time I see them there’s a huge smile on their faces like it’s the greatest day of their lives just being in the doors training and getting in the ring with people and learning. So, those are the people that we want here, and that’s not to say anything about any of those names that I mentioned other than the people that are here are because of that heart and that passion,” Triple H said, “The future’s bright and there’s a lot more coming in behind them and whether that be people that have been in this business for a while or it’s people that have been dreaming about this their whole lives, now’s the time for them to walk through the doors and try to live their dream and I want to give the opportunity to all of them. That’s what this is about.”
Last week, Dezmond Xavier and Zachary Wentz from The Rascalz were announced as part of the new WWE Performance Center recruit group, with many wondering why Miguel was part of the new class. It was recently reported by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Miguel was considering offers from both WWE and AEW.